Here's what's new in CCC ONE Estimating for Repair Facilities for release 22.214.171.12440
Note: The availability of the features listed below may vary based on the products licensed by your company.
Login, Identity Management, and SSO
Users will soon be able to access CCC Estimating apps using their organization's credentials, eliminating the need for multiple logins and passwords. This integration provides enhanced security features and robust integration capabilities, including the ability to manage user and device access through customer Identity Providers (IdP). By streamlining the login process and providing a more secure access control mechanism, aim to provide an improved user experience.
The new login process provides an intuitive, modern and user-friendly interface for users to sign in. Users can also benefit from additional security features that may be available through their organization's identity provider. These updates allow for seamless integration with customer Identity Providers (IdP), enabling better management of user and device access.
To access this feature:
- Launch the CCC ONE application
- Click the Login button
- Enter user name and password in the web page displayed
After entering your login information your web browser will display a redirect page while the CCC ONE application opens. The first time this page is displayed may receive a prompt from your web browser asking to allow opening the CCC ONE application. Check the box to always allow and you should not see this prompt again.
Improved Access to Help
We’ve improved access to Help information within the app in a number of places. These enhancements are meant to provide more on-screen information to the end user and improve access for self-help.
- In the Tools menu, there is now a single Help option that links to the online Help Center (Figure 4)
- Tooltips were added to the values displayed in the Updates column on the workfile search screen (Figure 5)
- A Learn More link was added to the Merge Workfile wizard to provide access to detailed instructions for merging workfiles (Figure 6)
- A Learn More link was added to the Request Workfile Copy screen as well as helper text for finding the Workfile ID (Figure 7)
Diagnostic Dashboard Enhancements
Several enhancements have been made to the Diagnostics Dashboard for shops enabled with CCC Diagnostics. When viewing the dashboard, you’ll now find the views have been broken down into three categories:
- Pre-Repair Scan
- Post-Repair Scan
Use the left panel to select a queue within the category. To learn more about what’s included in each queue, hover over the info icon displayed to the right of the queue name in the title bar.
Additionally, a POI column was added to all queues. This column displays the current primary impact value from the workfile. Shops enabled with Repair Order Managment will no longer see workfiles marked as total loss in the queues. However, shops without this feature can use the POI column to identify total loss workfiles in the queues.
Lastly, we’ve updated dashboard results to exclude workfiles where the Vehicle In milestone is not yet complete.
To access the Diagnostic Dashboard:
- Click the blue menu button in the upper left corner
- Select Diagnostics
- The Diagnostics Dashboard is only available to shops with CCC Diagnostics
- Users must have the following security permission to access the Diagnostic Dashboard: Diagnostics Dashboard – Manage diagnostic exceptions on workfiles
Manual Diagnostic Scan Events for Calibrations
Shops with CCC Diagnostics can now add manual scan events for diagnostic calibrations. The Scan Phase droplist in the Diagnostic Scan Event fly-out includes an option for each of the standardized calibrations operations.
To access this feature:
- Open a workfile to the Events screen
- From the History view, click New Scan Event in the toolbar
You can also access this feature in the Diagnostics Dashboard:
- Select a workfile in one of the No Scan Events queues
- Click the New Scan Event button in the selected row toolbar