If the Paint Materials and Labor hours do not match on an estimate, verify the profile settings in CCC Estimating.
To verify the refinishing rule options:
- Select Configure > Profiles from the menu bar.
- Select the claim office profile, and then select Edit from the mini-toolbar.
- Click on the Refinish link under Rules.
- Select the Paint Supplies Rate Category type. (Paint & Materials or Paint Only).
- Enter a Maximum Clear Coat Hours amount. The default is 2.5.
- Enter or change the Maximum Paint Supplies $ value for each paint type. For no threshold, enter 9999.99 for each paint type. This applies to single-stage, two-stage, and three-stage paint supplies.
- Select Maximum Hours or Actual Hours from the Calculate Clear Coat materials based on droplist.
- Click Save or Save and Close.
Actual vs Maximum Settings in CCC Estimating
Typically the Materials hours are higher than the Labor hours. The setting of actual time is what drives the additional materials. The maximum setting matches the labor when clear coat cap is implemented.
Once the estimate has been locked following the actual setting, only a manual adjustment (you will have to calculate the cost and enter a manual line) will correct the added supplies. (If the estimate is in preliminary state you can update rates and rules to correct prior to locking.)
Changing to Maximum will affect all estimates created from that point on.
See related article: Paint Supplies / Paint Materials Not Calculating on Estimate