Sending Workfile Documents
The workfile includes the ability for you to email workfile documents (Estimates / Supplements) to workfile contacts with an email address. This feature includes all available reports found in the Print Workfile Documents screen.
Note: This feature requires an installed email client such as Microsoft® Outlook or Thunderbird®.
Access the Send Workfile Documents feature by selecting any one of the following:
- In the Workfiles view, right-click on the workfile, and then select Send
- In the Workfiles view, select Send from the workfile mini-toolbar
- Open the workfile, and then select the email icon from the Quick menu
- Open the workfile, select the Attachments tab > Actions > Send Email
When you select the Send action, the Email Workfile Documents screen opens. All workfile contacts with email addresses appear in the "Send to" panel, and all available workfile documents can be selected from the same screen. You may select all, some, or no contacts. You may also select all, some, or no reports to generate an email. After making selections, select Create Email. Your default Email program is used to create a separate Email for each contact you selected. The documents you selected are added as PDF attachments to the Email message.
Note: Use caution when selecting one or more attachments as it may not be appropriate for distribution to customers or other parties.
To Email Workfile Documents from within a workfile
- Open the workfile, and then select Send from the Quick menu. The Email Workfile Documents screen opens. You can also select the File tab then select Send.
- Select one or more contacts in the Send to panel, and then select one or more documents in the Attachments panel.
Note: Contacts without an email address will not appear in the Send to panel.
- Select Create Email. An Email form is created for each contact.
How to Email Workfile Documents
Sending Attachments by Email
The Send Email option in the Attachments tab provides the ability for you to email one or more attachments. NOTE: This feature requires an installed email client such as Microsoft® Outlook..
To send attachments by Email
- Open the workfile.
- Select the Attachments tab. The Attachments screen opens.
- Select the attachment, and then select Actions > Send Email from the Attachments toolbar.
- Enter the email address and other information as you normally would, and then send the email.
Note: You can multi-select two or more attachments by pressing the Ctrl key, and then left-click on each attachment.
How to Email Attachments from the Attachments Tab
Sending Attachments to an Insurance Company
This feature allows you to select one or more attachments, and then send them to an insurance company. An additional option allows you to select one or more image attachments to send to the insurance company without locking the estimate.
To send an attachment
- Open the workfile, and then select the Attachments tab.
- Click on an attachment from the Attachments pane.
- Click Yes under Send to Insurance. Selecting this option sends the selected attachment when the estimate is locked.
- or -
Select one or more image attachments in the screen, and then click the Send to Insurance Now option. The selected image attachments are sent to the insurance company in near real-time without locking the estimate.
- Click Save or Save and Close.
Note: You can multi-select two or more attachments by pressing and holding down the Ctrl key, and then left-click on each attachment.