In a PDR Matrix, values are assigned for the number of dents in a range and for each dent size listed for a given row in the table. A PDR Matrix table includes the following elements:
- List of outer panel: This list is comprised of outer panels on the vehicle.
- # of Dents range: This is a user defined range for the number of dents on the selected panel. Once a value is entered, the next row increments by 1 for the next range of dents.
- Hours or Dollar amount for a given dent size, (Dime, Nickle, Quarter, Half): These are user defined values expressed as dollars or hours for each dent size as listed in the row. For example, 1 to 5 Nickel sized dents can be valued at 100 dollars to repair.
- PDR value expression: The values for each dent size listed can be expressed as Hours or Dollars. Dollar amounts can also be designate as taxable if the option is selected
Prior to configuring PDR Matrix tables, you should determine whether to Restrict PDR Coin Selection. If the option is checked, only one specified coin size is allowed. Follow the steps below to view or change this setting. This option is checked by default. However, Best Practices is unchecked.
- Select Configure > Profiles from the menu bar.
- Select the repair facility or IA profile, then select Edit from the mini-toolbar.
- Click on the Estimating Options link under Estimating.
- Determine if the Restrict PDR Coin Selection option should be checked (enabled)
Click here for Paintless Dent Repair Job Aid
Paintless Dent Repair (PDR) Operations Appearing on Parts Tab
How to Add and Make Adjustments to PDR (Paintless Dent Repair) Matrix