CCC UpdatePlus includes the ability to create and manage estimate and repair appointments. For information on how to configure customer-initiated appointments through www.carwise.com see Carwise.com Appointment Scheduling/Setup
To create new appointments, follow the steps below:
- On the Workfiles page, choose New > Appointment. Enter search criteria to find your workfile: owner name, the insurance company, RO number, etc. Otherwise, click the Search button to see a list of all workfiles. NOTE: You may also create an appointment directly from the workfile. Select a workfile in Workfiles Search Results, then select New >Appointment in the mini-toolbar or alternatively once the workfile is open in CCC Estimating, choose Actions and click New > Appointment or select New in the menu on the toolbar to select Appointment.
- The New Appointment page opens. This page contains two main sections: Appointment and Customer information on the left and Calendar on the right.
- Appointment - Specify the Appointment type – Estimate or Drop-off. Select a date, time, and estimator for the appointment. You may do this using the Appointment fields in the left panel or by moving the blue box in the Calendar on the right.
- Notes - Add notes as needed.
- Customer Information - When creating an appointment directly from the workfile, this information is pre-populated with customer information from the workfile. These fields are not editable when pre-populated from the workfile. If you are creating a new workfile with this appointment, you will be able to add customer information on this page. Owner name and phone number are required to create a new appointment. If UpdatePlus Appointments are enabled, then you may be able to send appointment confirmation messages via text or email. UpdatePlus Appointments settings and the customer’s Comm. Preference will determine if appointment confirmation messages will be sent.
- Insurance Information - When creating an appointment directly from the workfile, this information is pre-populated with insurance information from the workfile. These fields are not editable when pre-populated from the workfile. If you are creating a new workfile with this appointment, you will be able to add insurance information on this page. Insurance information is not required to create a new appointment.
- Calendar section - Today’s date is displayed at the top of the Calendar section. Move forward or backward one day at a time in the Calendar by using the left arrow (< ) and right arrow ( > ) icons. The Calendar includes an Unassigned column and a column for each Estimator with access to the shop location. If you are creating an appointment on a workfile where the Estimator is already assigned, the new appointment will automatically select the Estimator on the workfile for the appointment. Otherwise, the appointment defaults to Unassigned. Click anywhere in the Calendar to move the appointment block. You can also drag and drop the appointment block to the desired position in the Calendar. Moving the appointment block will automatically update the Appointment fields displayed in the left panel. A time that is already blocked off for an estimator will be shaded dark grey. You will not be able to schedule a new appointment that overlaps blocked time.
- Click on the Calendar to schedule a time for the estimator as needed. Hours in the Calendar shaded light grey represent shop closed time. You may still schedule the appointment during closed hours. However, you will be prompted to confirm the appointment time.
- Click OK to schedule this appointment.
You may send appointment confirmation messages via text or email. Appointment confirmation messages include the following:
- Welcome - This is the first message a customer will receive. The message informs the customer that they will be receiving periodic updates from the shop. The customer may opt-out of receiving these messages by replying “STOP”.
- Appointment Confirmation - When an appointment is saved, a confirmation message is sent to the customer. The message includes the date and time of the appointment, the shop name, and shop address.
- Appointment Reminder - One hour before the scheduled appointment time, the customer will receive a reminder message. The message includes the appointment time, shop name, shop phone, and shop address. If the appointment is a same-day appointment, then no reminder message is sent.
- Reschedule Appointment - This message is sent when an appointment is rescheduled with a different date and/or time and saved. The message includes the new appointment time, shop name, and shop address.
This functionality is found in the Customer Experience Dashboard, accessible through the tri-bar menu in the upper left-hand corner of your CCC Estimating screen. This dashboard is broken into various worklists.
Worklists appear on the left-hand side of the dashboard and are grouped in the following categories:
- Customers: This category includes all of the worklists you are already familiar with – Opportunities, In Process, Ready to Deliver, and Delivered (requires UpdatePlus Repair Status subscription).
- Hotsheets: This category includes worklists for managing CSI hotsheets (requires UpdatePlus CSI subscription).
- Customer Replies: This category includes worklists for managing customer replies to repair status messages sent via text and email (requires UpdatePlus Appointments subscription).
Search results for the selected worklist now display on the right-hand side of the dashboard. You may still filter search results by estimator. The estimator droplist appears above the worklists on the left side of the dashboard.
Below the worklist links, you will find a Reports link. Click on the link to navigate to the Reports Dashboard which will already be filtered to Customer reports.
Within the Customers worklists are four separate worklist links as listed below:
- Opportunity - This list includes workfiles created within the last 7 days. Workfiles drop off this list after 7 days or when the Vehicle In date is marked as complete.
- In Process - This list includes workfiles where Vehicle In is marked as complete and the vehicle is not yet ready to deliver. Workfiles move out of this list when status becomes Ready to Deliver.
- Ready to Deliver - This list includes workfiles that are ready for delivery. Workfiles move out of this view when the Vehicle Out date is marked complete.
- Delivered - This list includes workfiles where Vehicle Out is marked complete and the Vehicle Out date is within the last 14 days. Items move out of this list when the Vehicle Out date is more than 14 days old. Workfiles with hotsheets will no longer keep the workfile in this list. They will be found in the Hotsheets worklists below.
You may receive Hotsheets by shop surveys and insurance surveys. The Hotsheets worklist contains two worklist links:
- Pending - All Workfiles with an unacknowledged Hotsheet appear in this worklist. Workfiles move out of this worklist when the Hotsheet is acknowledged. When you have at least 1 Pending Hotsheet, you will see a red counter displayed next to the Hotsheets worklist in the left panel.
- Acknowledged (7 days) - All workfiles where a Hotsheet was acknowledged in the last 7 days will appear in this worklist. After 7 days, the workfile will drop out of this list. Use the available Customer Reports to view Hotsheets acknowledged more than 7 days ago.
Customer Replies Worklists
These worklists provide you with the ability to manage customer replies received in response to UpdatePlus status messages sent via text and email. When at least one unresolved reply exists, a red counter is displayed next to the Customer Replies worklist in the left panel. Items remain in the Customer Replies worklists until they are either resolved or the corresponding vehicle is delivered and the Vehicle Out date is more than two weeks prior. Customer Replies worklists include:
- Review - This worklist contains unresolved customer feedback requiring manual intervention or review. For example, the customer is asking a question or the customer has replied with a message indicating the customer may not be happy.
- Negative Tone - This worklist contains replies that have a negative tone. For example, “I want my car”
- Question - This worklist contains replies where the customer is asking a question. For example, “When will my car be ready?”
- Rental - This worklist contains replies that reference “rental” or a rental company.
- Insurance - This worklist contains replies that reference “insurance” or an insurance company name.