An important distinction must be made regarding the available actions that can be taken regarding Promises.
- Promises and can not be removed/deleted. Removing a Promise job will affect reporting and prevent the CSI survey (if applicable) from sending. Additionally, insurance companies that use UpdatePlus will not allow their job information to be deleted
- Promises can only be cancelled. Attempt to handle the file through normal automated methods:
- Files can be cancelled by marking as a Total Loss. (Mark as a Total Loss by Action -> Mark as total or Change either Primary or Secondary Point of Impact to 15 - Total Loss in the Vehicle tab. NOTE: Some insurance carries do not allow this action to be taken. Contact CCC Technical Support for further information.
- Canceling a CCC Estimating workfile Vehicle In date removes Promise job from UpdatePromise reports. Voiding the Vehicle In event and saving workfile will mark Promise job as Canceled in UpdatePromise.com.
- Change the RO status to Cancelled
NOTE: If the Date In is older than 180 days, UpdatePlus will not process any further updates. The only update that will be processed are Cancel requests when the Vehicle In event has been voided.