Vehicle Owners are not receiving SMS text or email messages from their Repair Facility.
CCC UpdatePlus sends Status Updates to the vehicle owner to keep them aware of how their repair is progressing. These updates are sent to the text or e-mail contact specified for the vehicle owner. If your customer (vehicle owner) states they aren't receiving these desired updates, several factors could be the reason:
(Note: Text messages will stop sending after 30 days due to Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulations (such as 1, 3, 6, 12 Month Post Delivery), however, if there is an e-mail included the workfile will auto-switch to using that instead of text for the post-30 day messages.)
Verify all Promise requirements are met on the related workfile and the initial Promise has been created.
- Your business phone number is entered in your Repair Facility (RF) Profile
- The Insurance Company on the workfile has been added as an Insurance Company Profile
- The Payer is set correctly on the Insurance tab of your workfile
- Share Data settings are properly configured for the specified Insurance Company on the workfile in your RF profile under Repair Management -> Customer Satisfaction
- Vehicle Owner First Name and Last Name along with a valid Cellular Phone and/or Email Address are entered on the Contacts tab of your workfile
- Comm. Preference is set to either Text or Email on the Contacts tab of your workfile
- If a Call Comm. Preference is chosen before the file has been sent to UpdatePlus, this will create a promise ONLY if a cell phone or email address is present on the workfile (in order to allow the survey to send)
- If a Call Comm. Preference is chosen after the file has been sent to UpdatePlus, this will opt-out the Promise job
If the Comm. Preference is changed at a later time, UpdatePlus will update the Promise job accordingly
- An Estimator is selected on the Contacts tab of your workfile
- The specified Estimator has a valid Email address entered in their Employee record under Configure -> Employees
- Vehicle Make is correctly selected on the Vehicle tab of your workfile
- Vehicle In date event is properly entered on the Repair Plan tab of your workfile
- The Workfile has been saved after all of the above are correct
Verify Short Code Blocking is not enabled on the Vehicle Owner's Cell Phone service.