If you received the message listed below when attempting to create a pay period, perform the following step to resolve the situation.
Cannot create pay periods because 1 or more new pay periods would overlap with existing pay periods
How to search Pay Periods for an unused Pay Period which contains overlapping dates
- Click View > Pay Periods from the menu bar. The Pay Periods screen opens.
- Enter your search criteria in the Pay Periods search panel, and then click Search . The pay periods that match your search criteria will appear in the Search Results pane. Note: Be sure to look for overlapping dates.
- From the Pay Period Search Results pane, click on a pay period entry, and then click Edit from the mini-toolbar. The Pay Period Form screen opens.
- Verify the data in the Pay Period before moving on to the next step.
- Click the Technician name to select the paysheet, and then click Delete from the mini-toolbar. The selected paysheet is removed from the pay period.
You should now be able to create the desired Pay Period without issue.