How to Setup Alternate Parts General Rules
- Select Configure > Profiles from the menu bar.
- Select the profile, and then select Edit from the mini-toolbar.
- Select the Alternate Parts link under Rules.
- Select ARO (Alternate, Reconditioned, and Optional OEM) from the Part Type droplist.
- Move through the fields on the screen.
- Click Save or Save and Close.
Note that the Selection Method drop-down has the following options.
- Manually List - Will require you to open the database manually during estimating when you want to see if Aftermarket parts are available.
- Automatically List - Allows CCC Estimating to display available Aftermarket parts as soon as they are detected.
- Automatically Select - Allows CCC Estimating to highlight the available Aftermarket Part and to insert it into your estimate based on 'Aftermarket - Price Selection.
Price Selection: The default value is Average. Average tells the program to select the part with a price close to the average of all part prices. Lowest tells the program to select the part with the lowest price.