An Opportunity or New Opportunity is a potential job were the customer has not yet agreed to or scheduled to have the repair preformed.
For example, an opportunity can be created when an estimate is performed on the vehicle. Opportunity workfiles can be created manually or by converting a New Estimate.
The Convert Opportunity to Repair Order feature allows you to convert an Opportunity to a Repair Order workfile.
To convert an opportunity to a repair order
- Click View > Workfiles from the menu bar. The Workfiles screen opens.
- Click on the Views option, from the Workfiles search criteria panel.
- Click All under Open Opportunities. The opportunity workfiles appear in the Search Results pane.
- Click on the opportunity workfile that you wish to convert.
- Click Action > Convert to Repair Order from the mini-toolbar. The New Repair Order workfile screen opens.
- Click Save or Save and Close from the toolbar.
Note: Alternately, right-click the selected workfile, and then click Action > Convert to Repair Order.