- Open the associated Repair Order (RO).
- Click View > Accounting Activity, then choose the transaction (if you are not sure which transaction, you can verify by viewing it through the hyperlinked Reference # or View Export Summary in the mini-toolbar)
- Once the transaction has been identified, select Reset Transaction on the mini-toolbar.
- Once the transaction has been reset, you can then go back to the original receipt or invoice and click on Void.
- Void the deposit/batch
- Save the workfile
- Void the receipt or invoice.
If the receipts or invoices currently show as Completed and you cannot void them, it is most likely due to permission issues set in the security roles in CCC Estimating.
Under Roles, add the Receipt – Void Receipt and Invoice - Void Invoice role to the login ID. This must be done by an Administrator.
In addition, if you do not export to any 3rd party accounting software applications, the void/edit options can still be missing in some cases. If you choose to deposit the receipt from the Accounting Dashboard, it will remove the void/edit option from that receipt in the Repair Order (RO).
TIP: You can run the Receipts Report and add a column for Deposit Date to determine when the receipt was deposited. There is no way to void the receipt if this has happened, a negative adjustment receipt can be created to offset.