To create an invoice or unable to invoice a part, follow the steps below.
How to create an invoice:
- Open the repair order workfile.
- Select the Parts tab, and then select New Invoice from the toolbar.
- or -
Select Actions > New > Invoice from the menu bar.
- Select a vendor from the Vendor droplist (required), and then select the payment type from the Payment droplist. The value from the vendor record is displayed by default.
- Enter the vendor invoice information in the fields in the top portion of the screen.
- Select the Receive option for each invoiced item, and then enter the appropriate information.
- Enter the vendor invoice amount in the Invoice Total $ field. The amount entered in this field must match the Grand Total $ amount. The Variance $ is the difference in the calculated amount as compared to the Grand Total $ amount.
- Choose one of the methods to attach files (optional).
- Select one of the save options from the toolbar.
Unable to Invoice a Part
If you have a part that is showing on your estimate lines but you are unable to invoice the part because it is not showing on the invoice screen, this can occur when you have selected a part with a description name similar to a description in the line item mapping rules and it is not correctly setup. To address this issue follow the steps below.
Verify that the Part is set to Can Order/Receive in the Line Mapping Rules.
- Select Configure > Profiles from the menu bar.
- Select your repair facility profile, and then click Edit from the mini-toolbar.
- Click on the Line Item Mapping Rules link under Repair Management.
- Verify if the Part has been added to the Line Item Mapping Rules. If it already exists skip to step 8 otherwise move on to step 5.
- Select Add from the toolbar.
- Enter the description text in the Line Item Description field. Make sure the description matches the part code description.
- Select a part account and/or labor account type from the droplists.
- Select the Can Order/Receive option.
- Select Save or Save and Close from the menu bar when you are finished.