The following records can be merged with previously created manual workfiles.
- New Assignment - A DRP or Open Shop assignment received from an insurance company
- Photo Estimate - An online estimate request received from the customer via Carwise
- Carwise Appointment - An appointment received from the customer via Carwise
- Copied Workfile - A CCC ONE written estimate imported from a local drive or retrieved from the CCC library
To merge an EMS file with an Opportunity, click here.
To merge one of the records listed above with a manually created workfile:
- From the Workfiles view, search for the record you want to merge.
Note: You'll find the statuses listed above in the Updates column in search results
- Click once on a row in the results list, then select Action and Merge.
- Search for and select the manual workfile you want to merge, then click Next.
Notes: Insurance company name is populated with the value from the new assignment or other record selected to merge. The manual workfile must have the same insurance company name to be returned in results to merge.
If the manual workfile you are looking for is not returned, make sure the workfile is not marked as a total loss or the estimate is not locked.
- Review the side-by-side comparison of the records to be merged, then click Next.
If the name differs between the manual workfile and assignment, you may choose which information you wish to retain.
The vehicle information cannot be changed from the information that exists on the manual workfile.
- If applicable, select the photos from the manual workfile that want to share with the insurance company, then click Finish
Related topic: Unable to Merge Workfile with Insurance Assignment