If you are unable to open or save a workfile and receiving a message indicating that the workfile is checked out to another user, follow the steps below.
How to access a workfile that is checked out to another user:
- Locate the workstation with the Machine Name listed in the Workfile Locked screen.
- Verify that the Current Owner has saved and closed the workfile in question.
How to access a workfile that is checked out to another user if you are not familiar with the Machine Name:
- Verify that the workfile is not currently open on any other workstations, including tablets running CCC Touch.
- If you find the workfile open on another workstation Save and Close the workfile and you will be able to access now on your workstation.
- If you do not find the workfile open on another workstation note the Current Owner displayed in the Workfile Locked screen.
- Contact the Current Owner and have them attempt to Save and Close the workfile.
How to access a workfile that is checked out to another user, using the Override function:
- In order to be able to Override the workfile lock you must have the Workfiles - Override workfile lock for editing Security Permission enabled.
- To enable the permission select Configure > Security Roles from the menu bar. Note: If you do not see the Security Roles option contact your CCC Admin.
- The Security Roles screen opens. Select your security role, and then select Edit from the mini-toolbar.
- From the Select user permissions for this role from the list below pane, select the Workfiles - Override workfile lock for editing permission.
- Click OK. The information is saved, and the screen closes.
- You should now be able to Override the workfile lock. Note: Using the Override function may cause you to lose any unsaved information related to the workfile.
How to access a workfile that is checked out to another user and the user is no longer employed at your location:
- Select Configure > Employees from the main menu bar. The Employees screen opens.
- Locate the Current Owner of the workfile from the search results. .
- Select the employee record, and then select Edit from the mini-toolbar.
- Edit the information. Restore user to your location location
- Select Save and Close from the toolbar.
- Have the Current Owner log into the affected file and have them attempt to Save and Close the workfile
- Repeat steps 1-5 to remove the employee from your location.
- If that fails contact your CCC Estimating Admin to Override the workfile.
Unable to Open or Save Workfile, How to Override a Workfile Checkout