To merge a workfile with an insurance or DRP assignment, the following requirements apply:
- The existing workfile must have the same insurance company selected as the DRP assignment.
- The existing workfile must be in an open state and have a preliminary estimate in it (Workfile cannot be locked)
- The last name in both the existing workfile and the DRP assignment should match.
If you are unable to merge an assignment from an insurance company with an existing workfile, you may have selected an insurance company with similar or duplicate names.
- Re-select the Insurance Company in the drop-down, and try to merge again. If that does not resolve the issue, verify the claim number matches.
- Change the insurance company selection to another insurance company.
- Select Save and close.
- You may need to repeat the steps above until you have selected the correct insurance company.
Alternatively, you may go to the Worklist view, highlight the assignment and select Action and Update Assignment. This action will update the assignment and now the Merge option should be available.
Related article: Merging an Assignment with a Manually Created Workfile