CCC has added a new VEHICLE DIAGNOSTICS group to the MOTOR database panel. This group allows you to select predefined scan diagnostic operations and add those lines to the estimate.
This article describes best practices for adding and modifying scan diagnostic operation entries to the estimate. Best Practice is for you to use these standard scan diagnostic operation lines rather than document scan activity via the Part Codes Table or adding manual lines.
By default, the scan diagnostic operation line values in the MOTOR database are configured as a Replace operation with a taxable part price amount.
Best Practice is for you to select the relevant scan diagnostic line operation and change the operation from Replace to Sublet where the dollar amount is not taxable or to Repair with labor hours. A Sublet amount would reflect a paid outside service while Labor hours would reflect an in-house operation.
The Vehicle Diagnostics group appears in the MOTOR database panel for 1996 and newer vehicles. The applicable year range for scan operations may vary according to the vehicle manufacturer, (e.g., 2008 – 2019).
There are 3 scan diagnostic operations that can be selected in the DIAGNOSTIC OPERATIONS subgroup:
- Pre-repair scan
- In-proc repair scan
- Post-repair scan
It is Best Practice to use Repair or Sublet operations instead of the default Replace operation when adding the Diagnostic Operations estimating lines. The following steps describe the process for using Repair or Sublet with the Scan Diagnostic lines:
- Open or create the workfile and navigate to the Vehicle tab> Description subtab. Select a standard vehicle from the MOTOR database by entering a valid VIN or selecting a standard vehicle from the droplists in the screen.
- . Go to the Estimate tab > Lines subtab.
- In the MOTOR database panel, select the VEHICLE DIAGNOSTICS group and subgroup.
- Expand the DIAGNOSTIC OPERATIONS subgroup if not already expanded and single-click one of the diagnostic scan entries.
- Follow the steps in this table according to the charge type you want to add to the estimate. If Diagnostic entry is to be Sublet. Go to Step 6.
If Diagnostic entry is to be Labor hours. Go to Step 8.
- For Sublet, ensure the correct entry is selected, then click on Operations in the toolbar and select Sublet from the droplist. The Estimate Line Properties form opens.
- Enter the amount in the Price $ field and click Add to
Estimate. The entry is added to the estimate and the form closes.
- For Repair, ensure the correct entry is selected, then click on the Repair operation in the toolbar.
- Enter the labor hours in the Hours field and click Add to Estimate. The entry is added to the estimate and the form closes. Note: Optionally, you can change the labor type in the Category droplist.