Auto Workfile Entry (AWE) allows you to download a Workfile from the CCC Library or import a Workfile copy from a local file on disk, into CCC Estimating.
This allows you to import an AWE file received from an Insurance Company claim office. This article describes how to import a Workfile Copy from CCC and from disk.
How to Import an Auto Workfile Entry (AWE
Requesting a Workfile Copy from the Library
The Import Workfile Copy feature provides the ability for you to request a workfile copy from CCC, or to import a workfile copy from disk. Requesting a workfile copy from the library may take an hour or more to process.
Workfiles older than 15 months since the last saved change requires that you perform a second workfile copy request. A message alert will inform you if you need to do this.
To request a workfile copy from the library
- Select Action > Import Workfile Copy from the menu bar. The Select Workfile Source screen opens.
- Select the Download copy of workfile from CCC option, and then select Next.
- Select the insurance company from the Insurance Company droplist, and then enter the claim number and Workfile ID in the appropriate required fields. Contact the insurance company for a valid Workfile ID. NOTE: The workfile ID may also be located on a printed copy of a previous estimate.
- Select Next, and then select Finish.
Importing a Workfile Copy From Disk
Use this feature to import a workfile from disc or other storage media. To use this feature select Actions, and then Import Workfile Copy from the menu bar. The Import Workfile Copy wizard opens.
To import a workfile copy from disk
- Select Action > Import Workfile Copy from the menu bar. The Import Workfile Copy screen opens.
- Select the Import copy of workfile from disk option, and then select Next.
- Browse to the folder location, and then select the workfile.
- Select Open, and then select Next.
- Select Finish.
Note: This process will only work with Vehicle or Motorcycle Claim types.
Setting Up File Export Directories
This feature provides the ability for you to set up directory locations CCC ONE will use to export file for the following file data type:
- Workfile Copy - AWF Estimate
To set up file export directories
- Select Configure > Machine Settings from the menu bar. The Machine Settings screen opens.
- Click on the File Export link under Import/Export.
- Select the type of file to export (Workfile Copy - AWF Estimate File) from the Export Type droplist.
- Enter the export folder location or select the ellipse (...) button to browse to the folder.
- Click OK.
Note: You can add more than one export directory.
Exporting Workfile Copy
To Export a Workfile Copy
- Select the My Work Dashboard.
- Select Workfiles from the My Work panel.
- Select the workfile, and then select Action > Export Workfile Copy from the mini-toolbar.