This feature provides the ability for users to write an estimate using the Generic Vehicle database when no CCC MOTOR Standard Vehicle chapter is available. Labor and part pricing is not available and must be entered manually.
To select a generic vehicle:
- Open or create the workfile.
- Select the Vehicle tab > Description tab.
- Enter the VIN. If the VIN does not decode or no vehicles are listed, select the Generic option next to Vehicle.
- Select the type of vehicle from the Type droplist.
- Enter or select the year from the Year droplist.
- Select Generic Car, Generic Van, or Generic Pickup from the Model droplist.
- Click on the Select Vehicle button, then click Search (optional).
- Make a selection if a matching vehicle is displayed then click OK (optional). These are provisional updates for new vehicles. These will have part and labor pricing.
- If a matching vehicle is not displayed, click Cancel.
- Enter the remaining vehicle information.