This article covers the configuration and usage of the Carwise.com Web Estimate sharing functionality. Click a topic below.
- Navigate to Configure > Profiles
- Click to edit the Repair Facility profile
- Under Repair Management on the left side, click UpdatePlus
- In the Web View section on the right, check the following box: Share web view of repair with consumer in text/email messages
- Below the checkbox, select your desired option for when to share totals (preliminary and locked vs. locked only). This will allow the link to be sent manually or automatically to the customer.
- To share the URL on the estimate print document check the following box: Print web view URL on estimate print outs
- The Carwise profile must be active
- Configure > Profiles, click Edit on the Repair Facility profile.
- Locate the Repair Management section and click on Carwise
- Click on Configure under the Carwise Shop Finder section
- Follow the on-screen prompts to enter your desired information
The option displayed below is available once Web Estimate is enabled in your RF profile and you choose the Send option at the top of the desired workfile.
The message displayed below will be seen under the workfile's Notes tab when the Web Estimate is shared with the customer via an automated message (based upon the preference selected in step 5 of the configuration above):
Thank you (customer name) for allowing (repair facility name) to service your (vehicle make). We will provide you with an updated status soon. Reply "STOP" to cancel. www.carwise.com/(unique ID)
Once the appropriate configuration has been completed, the following conditions are required in order for the Web Estimate sharing to function:
- Payer field on the workfile Insurance tab is NOT set to Internal.
- Workfile has NOT been marked as a Total Loss in the workfile Actions menu.
- You must send a status update to customer first. The custom text (containing the web view link) can only be sent after first status message has been sent.
- Workfile status is one of the following:
- Open AND not delivered (The Vehicle In event must be marked complete)
- Open AND delivered within the past two (2) weeks
- Closed within the past two (2) weeks
- If this is an Opportunity or Repair Order, then it cannot be canceled
- Communication preference must be "text" or "email".
- The Workfile must have at least one contact with an email address OR a customer contact (ie, owner, driver, or "other") with an email or cell phone contact.