The Contact Customer feature in CCC Estimating allows you to send a custom text or email message to vehicle owners who have not opted out of these communications from CCC UpdatePlus.
If this option is not available within the workfile (or automatically reverts to Call Customer):
- Verify the Customer Communication - Send customer text and email replies security role is enabled in the Core section of CCC Estimating.
- Verify the initial promise event has been created. If the promise has not been created, the messages from within CCC Estimating will not send.
(Note: The send text option will be available on new opportunities as soon as the first name, last name, cell phone number, and communication preference: text options are entered but will disappear as soon as the first estimate line is written and the workfile is saved.)
- Verify the Vehicle in event is completed.
- Verify if comm preference was set to CALL, then changed to TEXT later.
- If the workfile's Comm Preference was set to call initially then switched to text, you must complete the next event. The proper text message will be sent out for that event completed. Once a successfully text message has been sent, you will be able to send Custom Messages to your customers.
- Workfiles/promises that have not sent out any system automated messages will not be able to send Custom Text or Emails via the Customer Experience Dashboard or the Notes tab using the Contact Customer button.
- Verify To Do status is not set to Follow-up Call in the Customer Experience Dashboard - If the status is set to Follow-up call, then Text or Email will not be available. To clear a Follow-up status:
- Select Contact Customer, Call option, and enter a Call Note to the workfile.
- After the Call Note has been added, the Text or Email options will be available.
- Verify that Message Templates have been setup in the Repair Facility Profile under Consumer Communication.
- Save and Close the workfile. Re-open the workfile and verify that the Send a text message or Send an email is now available.