How to Create Users in CCC UpdatePlus
After settings are configured in CCC Estimating and a Promise job has been created, CCC Estimating will automatically creates Estimator users in CCC UpdatePlus.
Proper configuration of UpdatePlus Repair Facility (RF) profile settings and Employee settings will enable UpdatePlus users to be automatically created with the first promise job by that estimator. When the estimator saves a workfile in CCC Estimating, the attached employee will auto-create in UpdatePlus along with a Shop Manager (SManager), if one doesn't already exist for your repair facility.
Configuring CCC Estimating to allow CCC UpdatePlus automatic user creation
- Ensure UpdatePlus and customer updates are enabled for the required insurance companies.
- Open the RF profile in CCC Estimating by navigating to the Configure menu and selecting Profiles.
- Locate the RF profile and select Edit.
- Select UpdatePlus settings, verify share repair information with customers is checked, and the correct insurance companies and payer types are selected.
- Save and close the profile.
2. Ensure the estimator has an email address in the employee settings.
- Open the desired employee record.
- Add an email address if needed, then Save and close.
Creating the initial promise event to trigger CCC UpdatePlus automatic user creation
In the CCC Estimating workfile, set the desired employee as an estimator in the contacts tab.
Set workfile comm preference to text or email.
Decode the VIN and start the estimate.
In the Events tab add a Vehicle In date. Update status and save. The promise job and username will be created, a welcome email will be sent.
CCC Repair Workflow Users:
- Select Convert the estimate to a Repair Order
- Log the Vehicle In milestone under the Repair Plan, check the complete box.
- Save the workfile. The promise job and username will be created, and a welcome email will be sent.
NOTE: If you need a non-estimator UpdatePlus ID created or modified (converting an Estimator ID to a Receptionist ID, creating or managing a parent Manager account for Multi-Store Operations (MSO's), etc.) you will need the assistance of CCC Technical Support.
These operations cannot be performed through your CCC Estimating application. If a Receptionist or Manager ID does not already exist, please create the user as a standard Estimator ID following the process above, then contact CCC Technical Support for additional assistance http://www.cccis.com/about-ccc/support/.