If you are using CCC Update Manager, follow these instructions in order to change either your Login ID, your Password, or both. Click here to view How to Change your CCC Estimating Password.
NOTE: CCC Update Manager (UM) does not update the CCC Scheduler service with any password changes; therefore, if CCC Update Manager was installed using an account in which the password has changed, you must change the password tied to the CCC Scheduler service manually.
Possible reasons to update/change password:
- CCC Update Manager continuously prompts for a reboot
- MOTOR Database is expired or expiring
- Error 1920 Service CCC scheduler failed to start. Verify you have sufficient privileges to start system services
To update the CCC Scheduler Service Account
- From your Microsoft® Windows desktop, click Start > Run, and in the Open box, type: services.msc
- Click OK.
- The Services screen will open.
- Locate the CCC Scheduler and double-click it. The CCC Scheduler Properties window will display.
- If the service has not already been stopped, click on the Stop button under the Service Status: section.
- Select the Log On tab.
- If you need to change your Login ID, click the This Account selection button. NOTE: In most cases, the This Account field is pre-populated with your current, valid log in ID, which does not need to be changed.
- Either type in a new Login ID, or click the Browse button to find an existing login ID.
- If you need to change your password, type a new password in the Password field.
- Re-type the new password in the Confirm Password field. Click Apply.
- Select the General tab.
- Click on the Start button under the Service status section.
- After the service has started, click on OK.
How to Check the Status CCC Update Manager (Scheduler Service).