If you are using CCC Update Manager, follow these instructions in order to change either your Login ID, your Password, or both.
NOTE: CCC Update Manager (UM) does not update the CCC Scheduler service with any password changes; therefore, if CCC Update Manager was installed using an account in which the password has changed, you must change the password tied to the CCC Scheduler service manually.
Possible reasons to update/change password:
- CCC Update Manager continuously prompts for a reboot
- MOTOR Database is expired or expiring
- Error 1920 Service CCC scheduler failed to start. Verify you have sufficient privileges to start system services
To update the CCC Scheduler Service Account
- From your Microsoft® Windows desktop, click Start > Run, and in the Open box, type: services.msc
- Click OK.
- The Services screen will open.
- Locate the CCC Scheduler and double-click it. The CCC Scheduler Properties window will display.
- If the service has not already been stopped, click on the Stop button under the Service Status: section.
- Select the Log On tab.
- If you need to change your Login ID, click the This Account selection button. NOTE: In most cases, the This Account field is pre-populated with your current, valid log in ID, which does not need to be changed.
- Either type in a new Login ID, or click the Browse button to find an existing login ID.
- If you need to change your password, type a new password in the Password field.
- Re-type the new password in the Confirm Password field. Click Apply.
- Select the General tab.
- Click on the Start button under the Service status section.
- After the service has started, click on OK.
How to Check the Status CCC Update Manager (Scheduler Service).