This article provides configuration and usage information for you to use CCC UpdatePlus Message Templates in CCC Estimating.
You can create and use Custom Message Templates to communicate information to vehicle owners. This allows you to keep the same content and format for each of your messages. This is also a time saver, avoiding the need to re-type everything if needed multiple times.
The templates are configured in your Repair Facility (RF) profile:
- Select Configure, and then select Profiles from the menu bar.
- Select your repair facility profile, and then select Edit from the mini-toolbar.
- Click on the Customer Communication link under Repair Management.
From here you can Add, Edit or Delete a template. To create a new template:
- Select Add in the Message Templates pane. The Communication Template screen opens.
- Enter a name for the template in the Template Name field (required), and then select Email or Text from the Type droplist.
- Select the Subject field, select Insert Field, and then select a field from the Insert Field droplist. The selected field appears in the Subject field.
- Enter free form text in the same field, if needed.
- Select the Message Body field, and then select Insert Field, and then select a field from the Insert Field droplist. The selected field appears in the Message Body field.
- Enter free form text in the Message Body field, if needed, and then select OK.
- Select Save or Save and Close.
Messages can be customized with little effort by utilizing the Insert Field function within the Communication Template. This allows you to automatically insert specific data fields from the workfile you are communicating to your customer about.
Insert Field contains the following:
- Customer First Name
- Vehicle Information
- Estimator Name
- Shop Phone Number
- Shop Name
- Total Estimate Amount
- Vehicle In Date
- Repairs Started Date
- Repairs Completed Date
- Promise/Vehicle Out Date
- Select Dashboards, and then select the Customer Experience Dashboard from the menu bar.
- Select one of the categories in the upper left portion of the screen (Opportunities, In Process, Ready to Deliver, or Delivered).
- Select the workfile, and then select Contact Customer from the mini-toolbar. The Customer Communications screen opens.
- If you have already set up predefined messages as above in your profile, select the Send an email or Send a text option in the droplist under Contact Customer. NOTE: These options will only appear when all of the following conditions are met:
- Comm. Preference setting on the workfile is either Text or Email
- Vehicle In milestone is marked as Complete
- UpdatePlus settings in your RF profile include the workfile's Insurance Company and Payer combination
- To-Do status is not set to Follow-up Call
- Select the predefined email message from the droplist.
- Click Send. Your email message is sent.